Thursday, October 27, 2011

sugar 'n raisins pinwheels

sugar 'n raisins pinwheels


My oven refused to work after the move to our current home and I'd to wait more than a month for the spare part to arrive and for it to be fixed. Brian kept saying we'd bought a lemon. Now that the lemon is functioning again since for a week, I'd baked a batch of brownies and a banana bread, each time involving my three year old into the baking activity. Kaeden was really enthusiastic and interested in "helping" me and I found great joy in that.

Some days ago after reading ::this::, I couldn't wait any longer and had to try the recipe out after lunch today. I really wonder how marmite would taste on pastry. But because I'm involving the boys who have sweet tooeeth and are lovers of raisins to "assist" me, I had to try a sweet version of the pinwheels. I followed through Melissa's recipe except for using savoury ingredients, I used brown sugar granules (about half cup), half teaspoon of cinnamon and a sprinkle of raisins. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona