Wednesday, October 26, 2011

altered :: 'Sunflowers' vintage dress

altered :: 'sunflowers' vintage dress

remnants from altering

altered :: 'sunflowers' vintage dress


My collection of vintage clothing is growing slowly but surely; mostly dresses, two tops and two rompers to date. and I adore every piece of it, with some on the very frequent wear rotation. My recent acquisition is an autumnal shade of yellow sunflower print button down dress with a bow as the front feature; bought from ::here::. I love that it has two deep side in-seam pockets and the cotton material is still wonderfully thick. The dress is a little large for me and long too, being an 80's style I believe.

Today I finally altered it, by taking in the sides but not cutting into it for in the event, which I'd never wish upon myself,  that I put on weight,  I could remove the stitching. The permanent change I did to the dress was the length. It was originally tea-length, a rather frumpy look on me. After the alteration, the dress now rests above my knees and I think the dress has taken on a 80's does 50's look quite nicely.

---------
updated on 31 October '11, Monday

um, here's a photo of me wearing the dress on Saturday.



4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous find. I love the print. Its quite satisfying altering a readymade to fit perfectly. Great to squeeze in between larger projects. I bet it looks lovely on you. Any chance of a photo of you in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the neck tie/self sleeves! very cute find! i'm pretty sure i had a sunflower dress in a similar print as a kid.

    and i 2nd ooobop. pic please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Great sunflower dress and I really adore that neckline:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona