Wednesday, September 07, 2011

sail ahoy! :: lunchbag

sail ahoy! :: lunchbag

sail ahoy! :: lunchbag

sail ahoy! :: lunchbag


I figured the best way to get back into my sewing mode is to start complete the projects I'd promised to make for a dear friend and my mother. After the move into the new-to-me house and then later, a week long off work for Brian meant I have not been anywhere near my sewing machine. It had been a nice albeit uneventful (after the house move) family time together.

I finally got to finish off making the lunch-maybe breakfast-bag for my dearest pal who likes to have her cereal in her office. I bought her a red food canister and an extra round container, then set out to measure the size of the lunch-bag which folds over 'paper bag' style. Using unused vintage nautical theme linen pillowcase, blue gingham cotton for lining and denim straps. I gave the straps some length so she could carry the bag over her shoulder and the extra bag room space for the occasional indulgence of a packet of chips, or two.

(Thank you Brian, for your left arm support. Ref: top picture)

3 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful and charming gift! I love the design and the fabrics used together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good One! Your friend would have a huge incentive now for packing a delicious lunch with that wonderful bag to carry it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for jump-starting your sewing! The lunch bag is adorable! I love the sailboats on the exterior! I hope you keep up your sewing stamina!

    I'm just getting back into the groove of things too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona