Saturday, September 24, 2011

'bows on shoulders' blouse

'bows on shoulders' blouse

'bows on shoulders' blouse

'bows on shoulders' blouse


I've been reading that Fall is making its way in the Northern hemisphere by this time of year and I can't help but wonder how it is like to prepare a wardrobe for the change of a season. Where I am, tropically hot, I could count the number of times it had rained for the past two months on my fingers. The that-time-time-of-the-year Sumatran haze even worsened the air. Black ashes on the floor at my backyard by every morning. I'm certainly looking forward to the monsoon rains!

Because of the weather, I've been turning to wearing sleeveless blouses a lot. I made myself a new one yesterday, adapting the sorbetto pattern by adding a few inches on the shoulders for a variation. Hence the bows on the shoulders. I was inspired by ::this::. I had some leftover fabric from a previous project: a smock I'd worn quite regularly; because it's a little sheer, always with a camisole underneath. This time, I lined the blouse with a thin white cotton. It was the first time I lined a self made garment.

This new blouse is a great piece to wear with my favourite scarf in air conditioned places and had helped me keep cool for most of today I'd been out.


Here's me: sneaking a photo before heading out, in my 'bows on shoulders' blouse.

'bows on shoulders' blouse


and just reading Sarai's post on her chevron top made me think I ought to go ahead and make mine. and I really like her pair of velvet clover pants.

3 comments:

  1. I love love love the bows. This is the loveliest sorbetto to date. I've always thought it was a bit too plain but you have really prettied it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bows are a lovely idea, Fiona. You've made the Sorbetto your very own and just very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sage fabric is so lovely and the bows are a great idea! No more haze here so I'm guessing the air is better for you too:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona