Sunday, August 28, 2011

Strawberryland :: pencil case

pencil case

Left: Apricot :: She is a little baby with an unusual vocabulary. Apricot and her pet bunny Hopsalot lived in Big Apple City before moving to Strawberryland.

Centre: Strawberry Shortcake :: A natural leader, Strawberry Shortcake gently guides the residents of Strawberryland. She is kind, resourceful and always ready to help a friend in need. Her pet cat is named Custard - a pink cat with white polka dots.

Right: Lemon Meringue :: Lemon Meringue is a very proper young lady. She likes to primp and preen, fuss and muss and do all things feminine. She can occasionally get a little overbearing, but her heart is in the right place (and she's often right!). She has a pet frog named Frappe.


pencil case

Left: Huckleberry Pie :: The sole male character, for the most parts, in Strawberryland.  Huck bore more than a passing resemblance to the more famous Huck Finn, from his straw hat and overalls to his tendencies towards fishing and general laziness. He has a brown dog with green and white striped ears - named Pupcake.

Centre: Raspberry Tart :: She is quite the practical joker and quick with her wits (and mouth). She's also a little vain. Raspberry Tart can lack tact and be a little too outspoken but like most in Strawberryland, she's berry sweet! Her pet is a Monkey named Rhubarb.

Right: Plum Puddin' :: Plum Puddin' started out life as a boy in the original cartoon drawings. But he eventually became a she - and she's pretty rare as a doll! Plum Puddin' is the bespectacled genius of the group. Her pet is an owl named Elderberry whose large eyes are a perfect match for Plum Puddin's round glasses!


(Identification and description of characters, quoted and adapted from ::here:: and ::here::)

I was preparing the materials for the making of the remaining pouches of my 50 pouch project and I decided to add one more into the making, to give to a new friend of Kaeden's. A little girl who is a few months younger than my son. My long time hoard of a vintage Strawberry Shortcake print fabric came to mind. I was really glad I could cut into it! Finally. Making something for a little girl!

I pieced and sewed the characters together and turned the two fabric pieces into a pencil case which I add a few new stationery into. I'd never played with Strawberry Shortcake (and friends) dolls and I just learned less than an hour ago, that every character has a pet and there are quite a number of them in Strawberryland! Being who I am, I had to identify and learn who are the ones on the pencil case I'd made, so do excuse the introductions above!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona