Wednesday, June 22, 2011

white stripes purple top



In an effort to stash bust, I was in the mood to make a blouse using the purple jersey a friend has given me last year (thanks, Iris!). The yardage is good for making a top and after noticing striped print clothing in stores and online these days, I'm sufficiently inspired. I'd been keeping the fabric and telling myself I'd make a top out of it once I have a serger machine. Today is the day.

There wasn't a pattern, I simply used a worn out house blouse as the pattern base and made a deep boat neckline and with cap sleeves. Sewed and serged up all seams and machine sewed the turned in hemming. I got a new loose  comfy house-blouse now.

At the house back yard; checking out the substances on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! The purple and white looks great on you. Great job using worn out clothing as a pattern for new clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a lovely house-blouse. The pattern you've come up with seems just right for the fabric. Nice work!

    I've been seeing stripes and plaids a lot as well and am making something plaid currently.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona