Friday, May 27, 2011

wearing vintage blue

1950's shirt dress
circa 1950's shirt dress; from Granny's Day Out

vintage blue dresses
 circa 1970's chiffon flutter sleeves dress; from By My Old School

vintage blue dresses
circa 1970's ribbon bow tie front, umbrella print dress; from By My Old School

When I was back in the Lion city, I shopped and bought to replenish whatever necessary supplies, vitamins and favourite foodstuff that would last us from just a few days to a few months of our stay here in Palembang. Then I allowed myself the luxury of books, fabric and you guessed it, clothes. I completely give the common name brand shops in town a miss but shopped vintage this trip. I'd have loved to thrift shop but there wasn't enough time but I managed to make a beeline to two vintage specialty shops on separate occasions.

I go weak kneed at clothing from the past eras. The style and fabric choices and that there is hardly another similar one to be found in any other shops. What story would a dress tell of its life and past owner(s) if it could communicate to me? I was lucky to score three blue dresses (and a red 1980's romper which I'd already worn 3 times!) that were in my size.

2 comments:

  1. naisss how i wish i could sew a simple blouse/dress and i am still learning to see which tutorial the simple to learn .. so far i only sew sundress top and dresses hehe <3 miss you fiona and happy weekend to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. @•*¨*•¸¸.♥ Sweet Tresa ♥¸¸.•*¨*•

    thank you sweet Tresa for your really sweet comment! hope you're having fun sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona