Friday, May 06, 2011

Today, I ....

'Today I saw' postcard

out of my window


Yesterday I received a postcard from Jill who records her daily impressions by drawings and written words on postcards, of which she'll send them out all around the world. Thank you, Jill! On my card, it was a drawing of a Magnolia tree almost in full bloom, in view from her kitchen window on 28th March 2011.

Today I saw that the starfruit trees are starting to flower from the window of my sewing room.


pear tarts


Today I baked two round pans of pear tarts. I added drops of butter and a sprinkle of almond slivers for toppings before baking.

3 comments:

  1. Such loveliness!. I dont suppose you would mind sharing your recipe for pear tart, would you? They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the postcard is such a great idea (I just checked out Jill's blog) and how lovely the tarts looked! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ooobop.com

    Hi! sorry for this late reply. For the recipe, I pretty much followed this:
    http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/11/simplest-apple-tart/

    Changes I made: I only replaced apples with available pears in the fridge, rubbed the butter into the flour mixture instead of using the mixer (lazy me) to get the "breadcrumb" consistency, added butter and almonds on top.

    Hope you have a yummy tart day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona