Friday, April 22, 2011

summer tent dress

summer tent dress

cotton friend summer ed '10 vol.35 p.33


Before undertaking the task of making the sleeveless tent dress of which the pattern is from Cotton friend summer edition 2010 vol.35 p.33, I was apprehensive that I would not be able to carry the dress off well. It's a very loose design which could really pass off as maternity wear and with wide gaping armholes. The reasons I decided to go ahead was I thought my precious batik would be suitable for the pattern and I want to make a loose dress to wear over my yoga wear. Something that I could easily wear over my sports tank top and provide coverage when I slip on, right before class, the tight pants which I refuse to be seen in outside the gym room.

Brian commented that my completed summer tent dress evoked an island feel. Bring on the coconut trees, sea breeze and fine sandy beaches. yes, bring me to Bali please.

I wore my new dress (the only pattern change I made: patch pockets in front instead of at the sides) out for a trip to the mall this Good Friday morning, layering it over a camisole and matching it with a brown belt. I also brought along a brown bolero which wasn't really necessary. It was hot! I treated myself to a batik print wooden bangle later on at the mall, just to spiff the look. Fun!


summer tent dress


summer tent dress

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Definitely more than just a before and after yoga dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also concerned about the wearability of these tank dresses. But after looking at yours, I think they have quite a versatile look and you've styled it so well. Great choice of fabric too. It hangs so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Fiona. Im also apprehensive about these style of dresses which is why I have never tried them but it was well worth the risk and looks lovely on you! Great photos too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thanks! I didn't expect to at the beginning but I ended up liking the dress a lot once it's made.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona