Thursday, March 24, 2011

a remake in pink

scallop collared blouse

close up::blouse

outfit 24.3.11


I recently bought a navy blue top with white scallop collar (view ::here::) from a small clothing store and I it to bits. Am I glad it fits me for it only came in one size! The pattern of the blouse is pretty straightforward, no darts whatsoever and I drafted a pattern off it. Then I made a new version using pink flowery cotton, white cotton for the collars and satin bias tape. It wasn't too difficult a task, well, except that sewing the binding on put me on the edge for the most bits.

I wore it out today and post it here in my somewhat attempt of an outfit shot.
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona. I've arrived here from your Burdastyle project page and I'm jolly glad I did! This is a really cute top. I should really try more to create things without a pattern. Thank you for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fiona..greetings from Jogja!!
    I love ur work
    it's really nice to see you,,

    -sari-

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sari Sulistiyo

    Hello Sari! nice meeting you too. visiting Jogja is in my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you fiona for visit me back..
    let's go to jogja,,I'd love to see u there.

    do u mind if I add ur link in my blog ?

    have a nice there

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona