Saturday, March 12, 2011

carrot cake

playing guesstures
playing Guesstures Game at the English Library, Palembang

blowing the candle


I needed inspiration for baking and the carrot cake recipe was the obvious one for my Friday baking ritual yesterday. The recipe is good for making a cake out of my one round pan and enough to fill up 12 cupcake sizes too. That is one too many cakes for the household so I thought to bring the round cake to the library where we visit every/fortnight Friday evenings. It'd be nice to have Kaeden's friends at the library sing him an early birthday song and create a memory for the boy.

But the minute we hopped into the ride towards the library, I began to get anxious. What was I thinking?! I got really nervous and began doubting that my baking skill has not reached the time to be made public yet. Then before the cake cutting, I worried about the cake slice achievable versus number of people ratio. After the cake was cut and eaten, I was relieved to realize the anxiety attack was uncalled for. But still, it'd been a mini lesson for me. Spontaneity came to mind though, and I'm glad I embraced it for the worth of a good memory.

carrot (cup)cakes
carrot (cup)cakes with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle of chocolate chips: for breakfast today

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona