Monday, February 07, 2011

small pants

small pants

small pants

small pants

small pants


On this coming Sunday, the family will be attending a wedding and the almost always fun part was the planning of the dressing ensemble for each of us. I so wanted to put Kaeden in clothing like ::this, minus the leggings of course::. I'll hunt for an outfit like that some other time for a future similar occasion. As for the time being, we could only get hold of two new checkered shirts for him on Saturday evening's shopping trip. It could get tricky buying pants for him, for there are so many of those stoned washed denim pants or pants with strange looking prints for sale in town and they are things I don't find too pleasing to my eyes.

I opted to make pants for Kaeden then, using a pattern from the Cotton Friend summer edition 2010, vol.35 magazine. I made some adjustments to the pattern and the first one made (using grey corduroy left over from this project) had pockets that weren't to be. I didn't think that the waistband part would "eat" into them. So for the second attempt, using my thrifted light brown plaid cotton, I lowered the pocket fabric pieces. I also added trims to function as belt loops.

Pockets and belt loops are handy and important for Kaeden who brings his lucky-to-be-picked-for-the-moment small toy vehicle(s) out and who wanted to wear a belt just like his daddy.

1 comment:

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona