My second attempt at making myself a dress, this time using the Macaron no. 1001 by the Colette Patterns. I finally dared have a go at the pattern and the verdict is it wasn't that intimidatingly difficult as I had imagined it would be. Looking through my fabric stash, I found some leftover turquoise material which was bought for a project of making a baby chair sling (which I'd commissioned a local seamstress for but the mass project didn't take off) and a piece of soft white knit flannel with small heart prints given to me (thank you, dear Iris!). The knit flannel piece size was enough for the top yoke but wasn't sufficient for sleeves which suit me just as well, in the weather where I am.
The dress is made in some hours over a span of four days this week, completing it today. I'm pretty satisfied that that the seams are all neat now that I've a serger to work on and that I didn't make a rush to the fabric store but gave my fabric box a chance and looked into it hence spent very little on the materials. I'm also liking the turquoise colour and the little heart prints combo.
I would attempt the dress pattern again, next time with sleeves. As for this one, I would perhaps wear it on the first day of the Lunar New Year, later on the 3 February. The pockets are great for keeping red packets I'm going to have to give out and receive on behalf of Kaeden!