Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the Sunday golf bag

golf sunday bag

Brian & his golf sunday bag

Brian & his golf sunday bag


Brian wanted me to make insisted that I make a Sunday bag for a few of his golf clubs, particularly his driver, a putter and an iron or two. I, on the other hand was adamant on not making one because I wasn't confident on how my handmade version would turn out and hold its shape.

Alas, he won.

Brian chose the grey pin stripe corduroy and orange poly fabric for the lining and strap; from the fabric store and the rest of the materials are polyester batting, a black strap from a used bag, two make -your -own cloth buttons and thread.  The Sunday golf bag turned out as according to what I had in mind but it was hard work. It has seen the record number of broken/bent needles and made me a semi expert on threading my old school serger machine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! What an excellent design and execution for a (usually) not very couture item!!!
    Your Brian is a lucky man-having such a loving partner, AND such a wonderful one-of-a-kind bag!
    In a way, you're lucky...it's nice to be asked (Hey Brian--please ASK, don't 'insist' next time, huh?!? Grin )for something specific like that.Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona