Thursday, September 02, 2010

falling dreamily

floral smock

floral smock


From some observations of the clothing shops here and Singaporean ladies' fashion on the streets, I saw many floral blouses mostly lightweight for sale and chiffon types polka dot blouses being worn, which I thought were nice. um.. Ever since I returned to Singapore, I haven't spend a dollar on a piece of clothing on myself. huh, How rare! I hope I could hold onto that determination until the end of the trip.

Speaking of floral tops, I've never had one in my wardrobe before and so the thrifted fabric I scored recently came in handy. The tutorial by Made by Rae deserves two thumbs up. This is my 3rd time following it! That is after making my friend's top which I'd mentioned about making it before.

In order to help with (and encourage myself on) my dollar pinching way, I made the new addition to the wardrobe today. An almost sheer green floral speckled with pink flowers smock with ruffle sleeves; great for layering over a simple camisole and for pairing it up with my pair of black shorts/capri pants. I rather like the dreamy look..


clothing package

Here's the completed smock for my friend, along with it I bought a new raglan style grey knit cardigan to add on to the package.

----------------------

On a completely different note
go listen to a good friend's music.
Es, who is part of Elektone is giving free sounds away! (go here)




I must say, I like 'Falling into you', which Es said he'll sing for 'live' performance. wow...


2 comments:

  1. Love the top.

    I made my first pajama shorts. I actually made two. I wear them to bed every night. I am so happy with them. I should probably make some pants soon as it the weather will start getting cold. Hope you'll come take a look. By the way, I am turning 10 this weekend.

    Emily
    http://sewingsister.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-cuz-came-over.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona