Friday, June 18, 2010

oatmeal doggy cookies

estate dog

estate dog

baking for the dogs

oatmeal cookies


For the past two evenings, I've had three dogs which roam in the estate where I live, coming to the gate. They look to be from the same brood and still puppies, but grown almost the size of our Jack Russell, Mambo. Mambo and I would greet them over our front small gate when they visit and each time I couldn't resist not sharing the doggies' store bought biscuit stash with the stray puppies. They were well behaved too and would peacefully wait for each turn for a biscuit. But I'd think they weren't used to eating them. They took quite awhile figuring that the biscuits were edible and one of the brood simply didn't know how to deal with it and sat in front of its share.

This morning, I met one puppy resting comfortably against the gate under the shelter of a tree. I haven't learn to identify each one yet. It seems the puppies travel as a pack looking for food only in the evenings. I'm not sure how the neighbours are looking out for them, very likely feeding them leftover table food. The puppies did smell of the bins, I'm sure as a result of rummaging through the bins outside homes.

I made a batch of oatmeal cookies for the dogs (for both outside and at home. definitely, the ones at home is a jealous bunch.), using recipe found here. It's easy and quick to make too. Hope the puppies will like the homemade taste & crunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona