Monday, May 03, 2010

a polka dot summer blouse

summer blouse


summer blouse


summer blouse


I went shopping for fabric last morning for a project in mind and bought two types of fabric for it. One of it is a turquoise polka dotted in brown/purple (I just can't tell) lightweight poly-cotton (I think). I couldn't resist not using some of it to make a blouse for myself later in the afternoon. I so do polka dot fabric, so much so I want to even wear this particular one. I used the pattern from Cotton Friend, Spring edition 2007 vol. 22 but I revised some parts of it. I added backing for the U-shaped collar so the edging will be neat and slimmed and shortened the body pieces.

A light summer blouse, good for cycling and for more hot and humid mornings + afternoons to come.

3 comments:

  1. Is that for you? I thought it was for girl size!! You must be really petite!

    Anyway, I always envy people who can make their own clothing and you've just landed on top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, believe me I'm definitely not petite.
    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the blouse! Hee. Nice work! =)Hmm... cant wait for you to be back and me to finish studies then can get "crafty" together. Haha
    Cant wait to meet you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona