Sunday, April 04, 2010

comforting lunch

comfort meal

Only after cooking up today's lunch then it occurred to me that it wasn't such a mean feat to whip up one like that. It so happened in yesterday's Rachael Ray show on the tv programme, the host gave a great tip in cooking up sausages and I just so planned to eat some German bratwurst today. I'd like to write this meal up here so I could remind myself of this dish whenever I want an easy no fuss to cook idea. It's a keeper for the weekends.

To cook:

mash potatoes
peel the root vege, portion according to potatoes per person. throw them (gently) into a pot of boiling water and cook until softened. mash potatoes and flavour with milk, butter, salt and pepper and chopped spring onion (to appease the onion lover me and I also like the crunch it gives in the mash potato).

boiled frozen vege

sausages
over the fire and on a non stick grill pan, add about 1/4 inch water and a drizzle of olive oil. poke the casing of the sausages with a fork then add those sausages onto the pan. braise them until the water dries up and ready to be taken out from pan once sausages are slightly charred (how I like them).


note to self:
  • stock up on frozen sausages
  • buy mustard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona