Monday, January 11, 2010

a goldfish for each year

pet fish

brooch - embroidered goldfish

brooch - embroidered red goldfish

In the Southern Europe during the 1620s, it became a tradition for married men to give their wives a goldfish on their year anniversary, as a symbol for the prosperous years to come.

Part of my write-up for the sale of my handmade goldfish brooches. (Two new ones, now in shop.) It's our *ROM anniversary. Indeed I pity my best friend+companion, for he has a daunting task of remembering many dates.

* official registering of marriage

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I LOOOOVEEEEE those embroideries :) so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, these brooches are lovely lovely;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona