Wednesday, December 23, 2009

holiday gifts







As practitioners of Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism, my family doesn't celebrate Christmas but the three families surrounding us do. To show our appreciation for these families for looking out for us, I prepared some gifts (clothing, jars of poster colours, wooden necklace) for the children and baked this cake for the adults. I started baking this morning and had the idea of using new kitchen linen which I washed last evening to wrap around the cakes. But I'd to use parchment paper first. You might find the kitchen linen familiar.

Brian's off from work workplace is closed BUT he'll be back very now and then until the new year. I'm looking forward to lots of pleased to be having more quality family time.
Happy holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I am also a practitioner of Nichiren Daishonin's buddhism. I was just scanning the web and just chanced on your blog. So mystical!. Do you have a buddhist centre to go to in Palembang. I live in singapore. Take good care. you can write to me at irene.lye@wearnes.com.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona