Monday, November 02, 2009

grocery shopping bag






I've always been wanting to work with burlap or gunny sacks used or unused, made of that material. But I haven't any idea where to get them locally. I did get hold of some used gunny sacks made of polypropylene. I kept them for sometime, rather undecided if I should just experiment with it. Finally I made one bag over the weekend after getting the batch of sacks hand washed and sun dried.

Lined with some vintage sarong fabric and I used trims for the handles. A pretty big bag, probably good for grocery shopping.

--------------------
This bag will be going to Lilie Melo (France) as part of an art exchange this year.

1 comment:

  1. i really like that bag made of plastic material. great for grocery shopping because you can wipe out any food spills. you always have the best ribbons, trim, handles, etc!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona