Sunday, October 11, 2009

wall adornment




When visiting my girlfriend, Christie's new place in Singapore, I saw a cute handmade quilt which she uses as a floor mat. She told me it's made by her husband Andrei's grandma. The quilt's design is of rectangle fabric pieces joined together and I noticed some retro child prints in it. So inspired, I cut up some old clothing and made my own, a different version to it though. I had a stash of old clothing which I couldn't bear to donate and chose three. Brian's worn thin long sleeved shirt, a handmade blouse which didn't work out and a dress which I obviously couldn't wear anymore and one that held some nice memories.

I used this quilt to cover up a patch of wall that has some sticky tape which refused to be removed. A rather unsightly patch of wall that finally got covered up.

1 comment:

  1. i love this little quilt! it's beautiful. :)
    p.s. been thinking about you and your family after the tragic news from padang. glad you are well!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona