Thursday, September 10, 2009

barn owl



After making the last batch of zip purses, I thought I needed to come up with something new. I couldn't deviate much from an owl theme and having a zip as part of its features is still functional. I've been back and forth the drawing board a few times and finally decided on 'Barn owls' zip purse with two pockets on the front.

I find the looks of barn owls my favourite of the lot. Heart shape face and beady black eyes.


(image extracted from Anser Birding)

I tried a new way of patching up my lining of new blue gingham checks and didn't like the method much. Cost me a needle. I'd be switching back to my old style and I'd need to do some minor tweaking to the pattern. This prototype should have a purpose soon.



3 comments:

  1. Your new creation is cute, looks like the owl is wearing a pant, hohoho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never gave much thought to owls before knowing you but I'm finding them really cute now.

    OK...before I leave, you need to give me a quick run down on how to put zips in neatly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay you are totally on to something. I love the combination of colours and fabrics here too!

    I still love the old design too, but its always good to come up with new ideas:) I use mine still!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona