Tuesday, August 18, 2009

a new book now




To immerse myself a little more into the crafting world, I decided to sign up for a (fabric+chocolates) swap for this month. It would help lift the spirit up a little, considering my rather randomness of crafting mode ever since giving birth to Kaeden. It's fun to put together things for someone and the anticipation of receiving a parcel in the mail is good for me.

This afternoon, I made a journal cover for my swap partner, Lori. I found a forgotten old journal made of blank pages with sturdy cardboard cover in my drawer. So I gave it a new lease of life by sewing a new old stock of vintage handkerchief (something I've been hoarding) and recycled floral print fabric into a cover for the blank journal.

Lori likes fabric designs from Amy Butler and Heather Bailey. These names sound so far away from me. It's definitely an educational online trip for me, learning about them today. I think I've an idea what theme my parcel for the swap should be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona