Friday, July 03, 2009

milk and honey quick bread



It's no secret I like to eat bread. Looks like Kaeden is one bread lover too. We have to have it for breakfast a few days a week. Since I have an oven now and I try to make an effort to use it once a week, making bread is in the agenda. But I'm an amateur baker and quick bread is something I can tread on first.

I found a recipe for Milk and Honey quick Bread here. As usual, I didn't follow exactly. For one, I didn't use nuts. Nuts are a rare luxury in this household and where we are, I can't get walnuts and pecans which I love to eat. Peanuts are easy to obtain here though. I used up my bottle of honey today. It was about a quarter cup left. I also put over a loose foil of aluminum over the pan when baking as the top fire is always so strong. The bread did turn out alright. However I do find it too salty and next time, half a teaspoon of salt should suffice.

I must agree the bread tastes yummy with butter!

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you are baking! From the picture they look yummy! Teach me when we meet up, be it S'pore or Indo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona