Tuesday, June 23, 2009

milk biscuits for doggies



Homemade biscuits for my 3 dogs. They are made from what I could get from my pantry and fridge. I rather like using the bone shaped cookie cutter. I'm looking forward to the day when Kaeden and I bake together.

Milk biscuits for doggies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup hot water
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 cup wheat flour

Directions:

In a large bowl, pour hot water over margarine.
Stir in milk powder, salt and egg.
Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well in the bowl then knead the dough for 3 to 4 minutes. Adding flour if needed to stiffen dough.
Using a rolling pin, flatten dough to approx. 1/2 inch thick and cut into shape with a cookie cutter.
Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 180 deg cel for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool on wire rack.
Store biscuits in airtight container.


1 comment:

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona