Saturday, March 21, 2009

homemade yoghurt



I made yoghurt! with the help of my slow cooker and two bath towels. Here's how.

There's something about leaving food to cook overnight and finding healthy and yummy ready to eat stuff in your crockpot. In this case, it was thrilling for me to find yoghurt in the pot after I woke when the night before, it was just milk. Embrace fermentation!


I wasn't a big yoghurt fan as my first taste of it when I was a teenager, in a foreign land, had it for breakfast, had left me feeling queasy all day long. Until recently, I decided to give those fruit flavour yoghurt drink a try when in Singapore and I'm converted. It's so convenient to buy those cartons or bottled yoghurt there. Now that I'm here in Palembang, I've to make my own, which is satisfying in a way and I bet I get to save some money. Kaeden will be fed yoghurt so I'll be making yoghurt, a weekly affair.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, Aaron love it! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we make our yogurt too!
    though not in the slow cooker! that is amazing1

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona