Wednesday, February 04, 2009

guests from the wild

This evening, we had guests. from the wild.

I was doing the dishes in the kitchen when I heard chirping sounds. I thought they came from birds outside the kitchen window until I thought they sounded a little too near. So I lifted my head from the washing and looked towards the living room and saw a little bird flying around the area. I called for Brian and Kaeden to come out of the bedroom. When they were out, the bird left, out of the window. So I went, "there goes. you missed it."

and then....

Brian noticed a little fluffy creature hanging onto the main door's self closing mechanism (I'm sure there's a name for it). He managed to help the yellow green bird down and brought it to the window.



Brian (in a hat?) helping the baby bird chirp. The little one seemed in need of the calling-out-for-help area initially.



The parent bird resting on a ledge nearby, not daring to come near.



Baby bird rested on Brian's hand for almost a good five minutes. Shaky arms, eh, Brian? Baby bird decided it needed to call out a little louder.




They finally communicated and off they flew together and to the opposite block, they went. One landing on a ledge and the other flying around, searching for the other. Maybe the two birds had a tiff. I hope they're together, safe and warm somewhere now.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. both your words and the pictures. you have a gentle husband!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona