Tuesday, December 30, 2008

hainan chicken rice pursuit


I recalled a Hainan chicken rice stall in Chinatown, Palembang when I was exploring the area, sometime way before Kaeden is born. In the day, Chinatown here is really a busy area with old shophouses, retailers of a variety of goods and necessities like school uniforms, electrical and plastic products and large vehicles on the roads loading off goods into the shops. This morning, we took a ride to Chinatown or Sayangan, or so it's called here in Palembang, in search for the coffeeshop where the chicken rice stall is.



We have a passion for this chicken rice dish, especially since my paternal grandparents are from Hainan island and my grandma can whip up a mean steam chicken rice and her chilli dip condiment is, what can I say.. power?


We bought one packet of roasted chicken with rice from the elderly seller. It's a little different from what we're used to at home, still this beats not having it at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona