Wednesday, November 19, 2008

of skulls & crossbones


A pair of shoes I made for Kaeden today. It's made of fabric from recycled orange 'skull and crossbones' t-shirt of mine and brown corduroy. I did not have a pattern so I wing it by tracing K's feet on a drawing paper and estimated the size of the heel and top of the shoes. Before venturing on this project, I did a search for instructions on the internet and found a video on it. The difference I made to the shoes as compared to the instructions was I kept the seams in between the two fabric pieces for the sole when attaching the shoe body to the sole. I find that as the most difficult part of the making process.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute - keep up the good work, I would love to find out where you got the pattern from, please keep me posted. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona