Friday, May 16, 2008

friends who matter

During pregnancy and after giving birth, I have a few wonderful friends who had really taken great care of me. I'm very touched by their kindness and wish I could return each and everyone of the favours they had given me.

To start off, I decided to make simple journal covers after such a long crafting hiatus for my pair of good friends who are getting hitched near year end. I got Brian to help me purchase 2 clear page journals from Muji a few days ago. Then I made those covers for the books today while little Kaeden is napping and when Brian is around to help tend to him in those few short hours.


For Desmond, I used fabric given to me from a shop lady for his journal front cover. The lady is someone I purchased some fabric from a long time back. I used wide green checks for the inside to match the cover and a short strip of measuring tape trim to attach to the page divider. I always hate the ribbon page divider fraying at its end so it's a good way to prevent it by sewing a piece of something to it.


For Xiaowei, her book cover is made from vintage "new" handkerchief which has a flower embroidery. It has red cotton with decor of polka dot with flower baskets for the inside. This fabric is one of my favourites given to me from Beehui.

After reading comments from my last post, I'm reminded that I have close friends who have yet meet Kaeden due to our distance apart. So here's the most recent photo of Kaeden (held by me) if they'd like to see.

5 comments:

  1. aiyo...i want to pinch his cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgous baby and Beautiful mother!! Megan, pinkflowerbuttons

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look so smashing!
    Beauuuuuutiful!
    Hope the little one has recovered from his cold x
    Lies

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful gift, journal covers are fun

    you guys are adorable. look at his bright eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona