Tuesday, March 04, 2008

quick homely lunch


Steamed cod fish was a dish I was looking forward to eat when in Palembang. So I've had the above combo of that steam fish and a bowl of plain porridge for a few times already and I had it again for lunch today. It's a really comforting meal for me especially when the weather is wet and cool just like today and they are also simple to prepare. The porridge brings warmth to my stomach and I simply love the taste of light soy sauced cod fish.

My version of a person's portion of steam cod fish with porridge:

Ingredients:
cod fish - 1 steak
fresh julienned ginger - about 1 tablespoon
rice - about half cup
water

Marinade for fish:
light soy sauce - 1 to 2 tablespoon
sesame oil - 1/2 tablespoon

Directions:
Start cooking rice in a pot of water and stir boiling porridge occasionally until ready.
Boil water in a steamer. Arrange above ingredients of fish and ginger on a plate. Pour marinade on fish and leave for a few minutes. When water in steamer starts boiling, put in the plate of fish and cook it for 10 minutes.
A simple yet nutritious meal is ready!

1 comment:

  1. this looks delicious, comforting, and after reading the recipe, very healthy. ticks all boxes! yummy.

    again I am just asking kindly for your mailing address just in case you didn't see my comment earlier. Kate, Lies, and I have a little package all ready to go, and we want to send it to you in singapore.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona