Friday, January 04, 2008

2008


wild mushrooms, originally uploaded by table calender.


Some wild mushrooms sprouted on the flower patch planted in the ledge. I've a feeling they're not stomach friendly so I'll have to remove them before Mambo, our JRT gets to them, if he's that silly.. (Mickey helps himself to the papayas which fell off the tree whenever over-riped in the backyard.)

2008. We welcomed the year without much a bang. Neighbours were shooting off DIY fireworks into the sky at midnight, new year's eve so we had some fun watching them while having a BBQ session at our auntie's place just across the road. My year ended grouchy on the last day though because my MacBook spewed fumes at me after refusing to start and I'd to connect to the electricity thinking the battery died (How could that be?) ! I pride myself at being able to keep belongings functioning to its longest life so that was a blow. Fortunately (?), the gadget is still under warranty and now I'm in a fix, considering where I should send it for repair. Jakarta - courier safety uncertainty. Singapore - I'll have to wait 4 or more weeks till I'm back there.

Complains aside, I'm lucky I have my old pal eMac computer with me for the time being. Brian kindly brought it back to me from the office, knowing I'll be bored to death without access to the internet in some parts of my days.

I wouldn't want to start a resolution this year knowing it'll be a completely different one from the past and I expect so much to come at me. As for the last's, I'm still working on it. Not very fluent yet but I'm able to catch questions thrown at me in Indonesia language without throwing puzzled looks back now.

I'm looking forward to my new addition in life while relishing the joys of him growing and moving inside me for the next few months. I hope, to anyone who is reading this, your year is full of happiness and good health with a sprinkling of pleasant surprises.

2 comments:

  1. Greatly written. I hope your car starts soon that is dissapointing when things dont go especially when its unexpected. cheers to you for 08 its going to be an attitude of a postively happy and cheerful one. Go fabrics and creation to match this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!

    this will certainly be a big year for you!

    -kimberlee

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona