Saturday, January 26, 2008

going away


I'll be leaving Palembang for Singapore with Brian tomorrow and I will be staying there until our baby is delivered and when he's a few months old and that means I'll be away from Indonesia for a few good months. I've started packing things to bring back a few days ago and today the first thing I looked into is my jar of vintage buttons. For this pregnancy halted my crafting, I hope to start again soon when I'm able to, after baby is born.

I selected a few buttons from that jar and some from another to bring back with me, hoping to use them for bags which I'll like to make once I'm able to craft again. I've some ideas and a really strong yearning of making some simple bags as gifts for friends. I'm sure I'm able to get hold of nice vintage buttons back in Singapore but I foresee I wouldn't be able to go anywhere much with a young baby and staying home long hours, squeezing in some sewing hours besides juggling and learning new mother skills sounds like a nice idea to me, for now.

Keeping me back emotionally are of course, my dogs which I won't be able to see, cuddle and talk to for the next months. Makes me feel so sad. Brian gave me the honour of endowing them their nyla-bone chews which I did just now. Mickey as usual took it in like there's not another minute to waste and Gioia brought the bone to her rat toy and settled on it for a more comfortable spot as she rest her front legs on the toy while keeping the bone 'in hand' when chewing.

Mambo..... surprised me by (1) not giving the bone a lick but (2) burying it under the starfruit tree.




Check out his mud stained muzzle.
Miss them already.

2 comments:

  1. all the best with the move and birth - you'll be fantastic. - Kate, www.fossage.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, I wish you all the VERY best for the birth of your first child. I didnt realise you were up to this stage already. You will do well, and I reackon you would be a great mother. Love your buttons. and Im sure the craft will resume when its ready too, we will still be here looking forward to hearing from you no matter what. Blessings on the birth, I am really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona