Sunday, September 02, 2007

change of scenery


I was complaining the other day how bored I was and the lack of scenery there is to see in this town. So Brian suggested going to the most decent pond around, one he got acquainted after meeting up some local people who drive Volkswagon vehicles as they were having a gathering over there yesterday. My first question to that suggestion was, "Any mosquitoes?".

So the walk this morning at the pond was bite-free and a good short change of scenery for me.



Something I put together. The box came free with a japanese craft magazine and I decided it to be a 'Red' theme box and had some relevant contents put inside to be stored away. A small pouch I did soon after I got my sewing machine. It was more a trial and error thing as you can see the different stitching I tried on the fabric which later I made into a small pouch. A useless tiny scissors and a measuring tape unused. A vintage flower embroidery left behind in this house by Brian's mother.

3 comments:

  1. HA! useless tiny scissors! I like that.

    glad you got a change of scenery.... its so important and good for the soul:)
    -kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all those different stitches. Put the scissors in your purse. You never know when they will come in handy. I used to have a tiny pair of Hello Kitty ones like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona, I loved your vintage quilt. The colour you chose as a background for the flowers was perfect !
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I am enjoying meeting all Melissa's friends

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona