Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cheer in a mail

I thought I won't be blogging for a while as I've nothing crafty to log here until an envelope arrived for me yesterday.


It was something that cheered me up as I was nursing a cold. I swear the mucous disappeared and began breathing very evenly while I was opening up the contents and reading the card from Beehui. She returned from a trip to Myanmar recently and sent me the sweetest looking beaded ribbon I've ever seen and a button made from coconut shell she'd bought from there. The vintage buttons were from her mum who kept them in a biscuit tin and a zip pouch of cute animals to keep me inspired. I was thoroughly thrilled!

Honestly, I can't differentiate between Myanmar and Cambodia. I think it's high time I learn more about Indochina. In her card, Beehui mentioned passing by Aung San Suu Kyi's house where she's kept under arrest. I wonder how it must have felt to be in the midst of such political tension. I promised myself that I'm going to get hold of the autobiography book on this respected freedom fighter, my next trip to a good bookstore or library.

On a different note, I learn that a blogfriend Patty is doing a blogathon. This time she's pledging her cause and raising money for a Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso rescue organization. Do check it out and the other charities and provide any support you can give. Many thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning the Blogathon! And that ribbon is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I feel so at home here right now on your blog and am happy to Kimberly and Lies thru VictoriaE for this opportunity. Well I love the ribbon, and the zip pouch I fully have a handbag made out of this exactly and I loved those bag shops in Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona