Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shelter

There have been a lot of little bird appearances in my handmade things. Here's a real life one I saw perching on the metal shield over our window.



Playful ones will tend to perch on the netting which we use to keep out mosquitoes. They never fail to amuse me whenever they do that.

Here's a red felt bird on my new hat.

It's made of brown corduroy, red gingham, thread and felt bits for applique. I had fun making this lampshade style hat which I obtained its pattern from my japanese craft book ISBN4-8347-2303-8. If you like, you can view more of the hat here where I had a model.

I'm sure I'll be occupied with making more of this hat of a while.

2 comments:

  1. How cute! And I love your model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute hat! i love the combination of red gingham and brown cord- just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona