Thursday, June 14, 2007

About the birds & the trees

There were days when I didn't do any sewing. I figure everyone needs a break from a certain routine once in a while. I tried to put in more hours of reading instead and even sleep. Read -> Sleep; see that little simple pattern. A jumble of words like to force my eyes to close, of course I can't say that my comfortable reading place do not play a big part. But I cannot have lazy limbs for long before the guilt set in.



I did a sketch on my journal for the aprons I wished to work on yesterday. Drawing albeit too conservatively, helps me to "see". The small blue+gold-ly specks stone I attached to my journal is a lapis lazuli, in case anyone wonders.



These two were made yesterday. I got hold of some good cotton a few days ago. The two are mainly made of creamy pink cotton and appliqued with a variety of fabric and vintage trims. The trees' "leaves and branches" parts are pockets.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about guilt setting in. if I have a lazy day I feel like I have to make up for it with a super productive day. :)

    what are you reading?

    funky aprons!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona