Saturday, May 19, 2007

superheroes



I like superheroes, Japanese manga types. Astro Boy was one of them. My interest in this character was evidenced only in a watch with Astro smiling on the face and a comic style canvas bag. I had never watch a single episode of the animation. Can you believe it? The crush is long gone now.

The canvas bag which the zip spoil, was recently cut up, washed and sun. I made 6 zip pouches from the canvas and added turquoise cotton for lining.

Cartoon superheroes somehow help soothe the minds of people who witness or experience injustice in real life, don't they?

Another of my favourite anime is Anpanman and his friends. Bread Hero in pastry land. What can go wrong?

A heroic weekend to you!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to save that fabric.

    Maybe you could do a tutorial on how to make on of those little zip bags. They are so cute!

    I think you are right about super heros having an appeal those who have suffered injustice. I think we all want something or someone we can believe in.

    -Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'd replied Kimberlee on an e-mail. However for anyone who's interested, I found a nice zipper tutorial done by Anna.

    http://www.twelve22.org/2006/07/zipper_tutorial.html

    Have fun sewing on zippers! :-)

    -Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona