Sunday, May 20, 2007

starting a collection

Hankies are especially useful when one is in Palembang. Oh, the perspiration, constant hand washing and the BIG HAZE. How I dread those months of bad air! I wasn't using hankies for a long time since the age of eight(?). Tissues are an essential but now a handkerchief and a pack of wet wipes are with me whenever I'm out in this town.



I was pleased to find these thin cartoon printed hankies yesterday. I won't be using them of course! I just can't resist not buying them. I find the old school prints like this



very appealing.

2 comments:

  1. Are those Richard Scarry drawings (on the hankie with the pig at the birthday party)? I have a bunch of old hankies from my grandmother and from eBay and I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I should add that mine are of flowers and dogs but I have one "new" hankie which has Afro Ken on it. :) Fiona, if you feel like indulging me, can you please take some pictures of your hankies opened up? You don't have to but I would love to see them. I'm a total geek for hankies.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona