Friday, April 13, 2007

Reminders of Childhood days

As a child, I remember watching The Sound of Music on videotape, rewinding it and watching the show on TV again and again, I think much to the annoyance of the adults around me. Do re mi was the first song I tried playing on a wooden toy piano I had. I still count many songs from the musical as my favourites today.

Guess the thrill I had when I listened to the tracks from the record Brian found and bought for me yesterday. I went nuts mimicking the high notes and completely enjoyed the crackle and pop sounds while the second hand record spin.



I was out getting some boring craft materials and saw these embroidered handkerchiefs sold in a dozen yesterday.


Handkerchiefs made in the earlier days remind me of a school teacher who taught Chinese to me. She gave hankies to us children as a form of reward for good results and on Children's Day. She was one of the warmest and kind teachers I had, and most effective too. I'm still able to recite a 'Ching Ming' poem we were "forced" to memorise and write (yikes!) at that time.

A sweet friend/blogger I made through the internet has an online shop!
tiny happy shop run by Melissa of tiny happy.
Her peony baby shoes had me ogling at it for the longest time.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i loved the sound of music so much, too! do you still watch the movie sometimes?
    thank you for the kind mention. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona