Saturday, December 23, 2006

They say imitation is the best form of flattery?



This is what I see out of the living room's window today. Lovely roses in bloom.



and because I love the style of the apron (thanks again, Melissa!) so much, I can't resist but made a copy of it. It's fabric comes from a new sarong I bought at a decent price from a supermart. I remembered the time I got it was the period of the Hari Raya Puasa celebration. They had lots of these sarongs in stock then. When I was choosing one from the rack, a girl beside me was rather embarassed to be seen making a selection. Took one and off she went, very quickly. Was I hitting on some sort of taboo action? Til this day, I have no clue.

I like the weaving and colours of this sarong fabric. There are two vintage mismatched buttons. I was thrilled to use the button hole function on my machine! Sewing on the bias tape was almost traumatic for me. Need to work on it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona