Friday, November 24, 2006

Does it look granny-like to you?



I think so. I like it. A bag project I did today following the pattern from a Japanese craft book ISBN4-8347-2303-8.



My bag is made of brown corduroy and floral printed cord with green cotton checked apples for lining. I attached a reprod vintage yellow button with a little "diamonte" to the front. Upon finishing making the bag, I realised it's reversible!

A fun fact from the year 1962 'Have you ever wondered?' book.

Question:
Where did corduroy get its name?

Answer:
From the french 'corde du roi', meaning the king's cord. The corded cloth was originally a fine fabric made in France. It usually was used to make the hunting clothes worn by royalty.

2 comments:

  1. lovely bag! I adore those 'granny-like' fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!! I love ur bag! I wanna learn how to sew....

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona