Monday, October 23, 2006

Accessory for that moment

I'm not one who makes a conscious effort to put on accessories before I go out everytime. I'll only put on something when I really feel like it or when I want to think of the person/people who gave it to me or the circumstance when I bought it. I don't have many but each piece of accessory and jewellery of mine holds a memory of an occasion or a person. Each tells a story when I look at it. Even if I won't wear a necklace given to me, I'll never give it away or throw.



I'm rediscovering some of my belongings. I made the the wooden necklace, say a year ago? I was inspired by one boutique selling something like it with plastic beads. But I couldn't recreate the look. I bought the wooden beads and string from a shop across a school I once worked at. It looks like a big funky version of a monk's prayer beads. I could never wear it out..not my style and I hope to meet one whom I can give, to carry it off.



Above was something Brian bought me when we were at Little India this trip back. I love it, wearing the same clothes consecutive days just so I can match them. For the record, it's probably brass, spray painted with gold colour paint. I always think wearing gold coloured accessory only suit older people. I guess I'm just old already.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for taking some time out to write me your thoughts.
I truly appreciate it!

If you will like a reply to be sent to your mailbox, do click onto the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.

Best,
Fiona